Saturday, May 29, 2010

Disbanded...

This is abrupt but unfortunately, due to lack of staff, Animelab scans has disbanded. Seriously, all our members disappeared except for the editor and me. The editor has been getting busier, and I would try to reorganize the group but my life is just hell right now.

So what about Umisho? Vexed scans seemed to be doing a pretty good job of releasing, though I'm not understanding how as the credit page suggests only one person is working on the entire thing. Maybe he/she/they are just that good.

I'm going to try and join some other group for now but when the time comes for Animelab to reform, I'll come back.

Chapter 71? I have no idea. Watashiwa7 had it last so it's up to him if he wants to release it as a last gung-ho. I tried my hand at editing but the best I can do is typeset the texts in the bubbles, and I don't seem to have the patience for looking through the long list of fonts to match the original Japanese text. I was doing it on MS Paint by the way.

So good-bye faithful readers! If you like my translations, I'm going to try and join a group doing the following the series...

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Akagami Shirayukihime
Dance in the Vampire Bund (have to check if it's seinen)
Faster Than a Kiss
Nagasarete Airantou
Cage of Eden (have to check it's seinen)

Again, good bye all! For now...

-guibin

P.S. As for this website....it'll just lay dormant for now....

5 comments:

  1. Bye, and thanks for everything!!! :( :( :( :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss you guys. Hope you'll be back at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if those series are seinen? That'd be a good thing, right?

    According to MangaUpdates.com, DitVB is categorized as seinen, while Cage of Eden is categorized as shounen. And in case it affects your decision (though I'd guess not, since Kaichou wa Maid-sama is also on your list), DitVB somehow managed to become licensed by Seven Seas, despite having a bit of lolicontent.


    Another thing you might consider, if both of you are amenable to it, would be to double-check Vexed's Umisho translations (or vice versa) before the typesetting stage. I expect two translators working together could probably spot errors, or come up with fine-tunings of wordings, that neither translator would notice/think-up when working alone.

    (Mind you, that's not to imply that either group's translations have been particularly lacking. I actually haven't started reading either of your Umishos, quite just yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Ala Atra now. Translating Nagasarete Airantou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a trip down memory lane. Been out of the manga reading game for years now. Just thought of Umisho earlier and remembered about you guys. Are any of you still in the scanlation game? Will this site even be monitored after all these years?

    ReplyDelete